A day in the life and home of a child in an informal settlement.

The Day in the Life and home as a child in a Informal settlement.

My name is Josh I live in a informal settlement in Dunoon. My family is very poor we live in a raggedy shack. But it isn’t so bad when you get used to it.
First of all I love the area I live in because all my friends live so close to me. There’s a fun park down the road. There’s a beach right next to my house, most of the time we have the beach all to ourselves.
I have a dog his name is Diesel, he’s so much fun when ever I am sad he comforts me. We always play and have a lot of fun. I love him so much.
I don’t have a brother or a sister, but when my dad was going to sell some oranges on the street. He saw a little girl trying to get some food, so my dad took her home, he gave her some oranges. She doesn’t have a name, so we called her Becky, she sleeps in my room. I was upset at first but I got used to it.
But what I would really want is a light and quiet place to do my homework.
I wish that I was closer to my school, so I don’t have to walk up steep hills, I have no shoes so I always get blisters in my feet.
Also I wish I had a nice roof over me. One time I forgot to put my work in my bag and a giant drop of water spilled over my work.
Also when I am sick I have to wait in these long lines to see one doctor. One time I was so sick the line ended at my house.
I really wish I had some food for lunch, I only get food once in 2 days.
But I love my family and that’s all I care about.

Comments

  1. Nice Daniel I really enjoyed reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have identified some good changes that would improve life. Your punctuation is well used.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Singing Inspector

The Butterfly Lion